Sunday 23 September 2012

Coming up with concepts

All That I Had - After The Ordeal
When listening to the song, I closed my eyes and imagined I was the band and what the lyrics signified to me. From doing so, I pictured a possible music video;
I envisioned that the lead singer of the band was lip syncing to the song whilst appearing in mirrors and other reflections whilst a story unfolds. I thought that the story could be about a man who has lost a lot of things over a short space of time, such as his girlfriend, his friends and made mistakes. Therefore by having him appear in reflections with his story unfolding and him appearing in the video in 'flashbacks' this could draw the audience's attention and sympathise with the singer. This in effect creates an image for the band.


Dream world - Jordan-David Copping
As I was listening to this song, I listened carefully to the lyrics and determined the song to be about a life someone used to have but circumstances changed. Therefore, if I was to do a music video for this song I would have a young man as the protagonist who sees people smiling at him while walking around school or in the street, believing his life to be going well. Also, the protagonist envisions his family to be together; his mother and father in love and his sister all in the front room laughing and enjoying themselves, however this is not reality. In addition, he has a girlfriend in his 'dream world' who we see appear in his dreams and flashbacks. In the end of the song, I pictured him back in reality where life isn't as brightly coloured as he believes in his dream world.


Let That Go! -Luke Paul Jackson
This song is about a life the protagonist had let go and regrets it. I envisioned fast paced editing with the singer lip syncing into the camera, directly addressing the audience. He paints a picture with his lyrics, describing sights and sounds such as rain and his guitar, which paints a picture of him sitting in the rain playing his guitar, to add to this, I imagined him singing to himself in a flashback. When the lyric 'I wanna let that go' I saw him 'grabbing' the flashback and letting the wind take it away as if it was paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment